Here are three reasons to copy a website button or the text behind it:
- You don’t have time to check out the information right now.
- You want to see where the button leads before clicking it (which you can also do by hovering over it and looking at the link text near your taskbar).
- A technician needs the text for a troubleshooting session.
[QW10] – Copying an online button or its text
The example I’ll use is for my “6th Step to Non-Overwhelm” article.
Let’s say you’re on one of my posts where you see this button to the ‘6th Step’:
You want to send a friend to the article (these instructions are for a PC):
- Sharing the post (thank you very much!) where you found the button.
- Selecting the entire button / copying it / pasting it into an email or document.
- In an email, the button color and text may ‘wash out.’ It still works. Click it.
- In a document, you may see a box around the text.
- Right-clicking the button / selecting the copy option / pasting the link text.
- In an email, click the link to use it.
- In a document, you’re just saving the text. (Press ENTER if you want it to become a link.)
- Paste the link text into your browser, press ENTER, and go to the page.
Open a blank document or email message and practice with the second and third options.
(Note: the email items work after the email is sent.)
I hope you found QW10 helpful and will share your ideas on this topic.
Use one of these points for a comment, or bring your own:
- Did you know you can copy an online button? (I didn’t until I tried it!)
- What are some ways you’ll use this option?
- Tell us about a time this would have come in vveerryy handy.
Please subscribe (see the box below my photo) so you won’t miss future Quick Win posts or other business ideas. I promise: NO inbox stuffing or sharing your information in. any. way.
You’re welcome to EMAIL MEif you need help with this Quick Win. No invoice. 😎
Thanks for spending part of your day with me. I know you’re busy, and I appreciate your time.
If you need help with a tech or text project, let’s talk soon,